International Car Free Day is celebrated in places all around the world. It is a day when people discover what it is like to live without cars and motor vehicles filling their streets.
Imagine, what would you and your friends do in the streets if there was no danger from traffic and you were allowed to do whatever you liked?
You can enter the Chichester Car Free Day School and Youth Competition in one of two ways:
- Draw a picture of what you would like to see or do on a car free day. We would prefer entries to be in a letter box shaped format so we can use them on banners and advertisements.
- Write a story about a day without any motor-vehicle traffic. This story can be any shape or size the writer can imagine.
- A family rover bus ticket that could take you and your family anywhere in West Sussex
- Bognor Picturedrome cinema tickets
- Westgate vouchers.
What do we want to do with your Winning Stories and Pictures?
- Print them in the Chichester Post Newspaper
- Publish on the http://carfreechi.org.uk/ website
- Make them into banners and posters displayed on Car Free Day 22 nd September 2019.
For more information:
- Sarah Sharp has written a letter for schools. A PDF version is available here.
- Mark Record has created a worksheet that could be used to introduce competition ideas to young artists/writers. A PDF version is available here.